None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 21 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:53 am
Top posting users this month

Kidnapped: How I Survived

Go down

Post by Crystalruth on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 am

Okay, this is a short story I made with a friend about a year ago. It's not in chapters, its just the whole thing. I really hope you like it!

This never should've happened. Not to me. Not to anyone. I was wandering through the forest with Champ, my dog. It was peaceful, but not for very long. How could this have happened to me? Kidnapped? Me? I'd been in these woods many times before, and nothing had ever happened. Now this. I didn't even have Champ. They had taken him away from me.
My name is Kim Clements. I threw a stick to Champ and then they jumped me. I tried to get away, to struggle, to yell even. It didn't work. They found Champ and locked him up in a cage. I was in the back of their car, crying, muzzled with my hands behind my back. They drove to a mysterious place, an old shack. They put me in the barn next door, and I had no idea where Champ was, or what they've done to him. Would I make it out alive? Time would only tell.
The door slammed. I was terrified. Then I remembered to stay calm if I wanted to live. I looked around, and then I saw it, a shaft of light. If only I could get to it. I tried to stand up with my hands behind my back, and finally I did. My feet were bound together, and I tried to hop to the light. I kept falling, so movement was difficult, and I knew I had to be quiet. I was about halfway to the light when I heard voices outside. I knew I could be killed if I tried to escape and failed, or if they found me.
After a while I started to get the hang of it. I quietly hopped behind a pole, as I heard their voices getting stronger, until they were right outside the door.
"Why is the girl so important to us anyways? Can't we just let her go, she's useless!" one deep voice said.
"No Bird-Brain! Of course we can't let her go. Her family's rich so in a couple days there will be a reward, besides if we let her go then she would tell someone. Just keep quiet Mitch." another rough voice said.
I was terrified. If they came in, I would be toast! They would know what I was trying to do. But if I went back to where they put me and they didn't come in, I would have to hop all the way back. I was terrified. I knew my family would pay the ransom, but what if they wouldn't return me? I took a deep breath. I knew if I was ever going to get out of here, then I would have to stay calm and concentrate. Luckily, the voices grew quieter and quieter until I couldn't hear them anymore. I hopped to the shaft of light, only stumbling a couple of times. It was an open window! I could get out of here! But alas, my ropes were still tied.
I looked around the room for something sharp to rub the rope against. I finally found a rusty lock, but just as I began rubbing, I heard people approaching the barn. I froze, terrified of what would happen. The footsteps got louder, my fear multiplied, I was so scared! The person came closer, and closer, the door creaked open and-
"Woof!" the voice barked. It was Champ! I was so glad to see him, and if the muzzle was off my mouth I have so many questions I would ask him. But that was for another time. I rubbed the rope against the rock and slowly it broke on my hands. The rope on my legs snapped too. I took the muzzle off and started climbing the wall.
Just as I was climbing, the barn doors burst open. "You!" a burly voice yelled. He ran forward, grabbed my leg, and pulled me down. "Mitch!" the man yelled, "get in here and see what I found!" I sat silently, scared to death of my fate.
"What! If you found those fancy soaps, they aren't mine! They're um my sisters and-"
"NO YOU NUMSKULL! It’s the girl! She's trying to escape!" The man stared down Mitch.
"Oh uh, then forget about what I said earlier. What are we supposed to do with her?" Mitch looked puzzled and embarrassed. I was scanning the room looking for something, anything.
"Excuse me, Mitch and big guy, If you're going to do something with me, can I at least go to the bathroom first?" A plan was forming in my mind.
"Fine but make it quick. Mitch go with her and guard the door. And my name is Ronny!"
As we walked to the bathroom I tried to plan. Maybe there was a window? Or maybe I should run? But then I thought of something. I thought of how Mitch seemed to only obey what Ronny said.
"Hey Mitch", I said casually, "You know, like Ronny said, my parents ARE rich. And that means they can hire a good detective to find me, and put you two in jail."
"Jail?" Mitch asked hesitantly. "Yup." I said, trying to sound confidant. "But if you'll let me go, I'll tell everyone that Ronny forced you to do it, and you helped me escape. You'll be a hero!" I looked at Mitch, hoping he would believe me.
"Well, I don't know. I mean Ronny is mean and nasty and all, but I would hate to see him in jail. I mean, he gave me this job and is paying me a dollar an hour, and he doesn't make fun of me all the time." Mitch was hesitant, but I could tell he was considering.
"That doesn't sound like a very nice person, but if you let me go, I can give you some money for the ransom. After all you would have helped me escape!" I put a smile on my face and begged.
"Fine, but make it quick, Ronny will be wondering where you are. Cut through the forest that way and you'll be at the mall in town. Hurry before I get in trouble!"
"Thanks so much, I won't forget this!" I smiled, waved, and set off in the direction he pointed me in.
I ran as fast as I could through the woods. I didn't know if I would make it, but I wanted to try. Mitch would stall Ronny, but I had to go. I just hoped I didn't get lost. As soon as I saw the mall, I was instantly relieved. I walked in, and set out to find a phone. I scanned the mall for something to call my parents with. Luckily I found a payphone and some spare change. Hastily I called my parents, and told them the whole story.
They were so happy to hear my voice, and I was happy to hear theirs. As promised, I gave Mitch $100 for saving me, and some fancy soaps for his collection. As we speak, the police are tracking down Ronny, who fled the state, running from his terrible fate. And me? I sit in my room, with my new butler/friend Mitch, teaching Champ tricks and learning new things. Honestly, I didn't mind being kidnapped all that much, because if I didn't I wouldn't have met Mitch, or be stronger than I thought I
could be.
Crystalruth

Back to top Go down

Re: Kidnapped: How I Survived

Post by AJ on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:38 pm

I love this! It`s GREAT
AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalruth on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Aw thanks so much! I'm really glad you like it, I wrote it with my friend Star.
Crystalruth

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 pm

That`s awesome! :)
AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalruth on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Ya, but she never gets online anymore :(
Crystalruth

Back to top Go down

Post by aggs on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm

That's so good!!!! Keep it up!!!

aggs

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Aw, I`m sorry, crystal!
AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalruth on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 am

Thank you aggs!
It's alright abby, she might come back soon. Or not.
Crystalruth

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Hopefully she WILL
AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalruth on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm

If i'm very very lucky.
Crystalruth

Back to top Go down